Chive Cheese Biscuits Recipe
From Black Creek, British Columbia, Joan Baskin writes, "These are the lightest biscuits I've ever baked. My husband loves them with a meal of macaroni and cheese and coleslaw." Flecks of fresh chives and golden bits of cheddar cheese make the biscuits a savory standout.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Cut in cheese and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and chives until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead 8-10 times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 184 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chive Cheese Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC