Chive Buttered Carrots Recipe
It's nice to have a reliable side dish like this that pairs well with any entree. A friend shared the recipe with me several years ago, and I use it often.
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 134 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chive Buttered Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC