It's nice to have a reliable side dish like this that pairs well with any entree. A friend shared the recipe with me several years ago, and I use it often.
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chive Buttered Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p148
Reviews for Chive Buttered Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review