Chive Buttered Carrots Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chive Buttered Carrots(2)
Sort By :
My family normally does not like cooked carrots, but I decided to try this as I had no other fresh vegetables in the house. It was an immediate success! Even the carrot hater loved them. I have made this recipe again and changed the chives to savory and again to rosemary, the family liked all the different herb changes. I also reduced the water by half. Great recipe!
I placed the wet carrot slices in a covered glass dish and microwaved them at full power for 10 minutes and saved vitamins and time. I didn't use the full amount of butter and they still turned out great. I liked the seasonings on the carrots and they make them taste better than just the standard butter, salt, and pepper.