Chive Biscuits Recipe
I like to serve these light moist biscuits with my soups, stews and roasts during fall and winter. Sometimes I substitute other herbs for a change.—Norma Erne, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and chives just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC