- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and chives just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chive Biscuits
Sort By :
"My husband and I really enjoyed these delicious biscuits! I substituted real butter instead of shortening and sour milk for the buttermilk.."
"I used butter instead of shortening and sour milk instead of buttermilk. Very light and fluffy."
"Nice, easy biscuits that came out fluffy and moist with a delicate chive flavor. Really yummy! I didn't do the butter flavored Crisco, but used regular, and they were very nice still!"