I like to serve these light moist biscuits with my soups, stews and roasts during fall and winter. Sometimes I substitute other herbs for a change.—Norma Erne, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and chives just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chive Biscuits in Reminisce September/October 2005, p 48
Reviews for Chive Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review