Chive Biscuit Ornaments Recipe
Ring in the holiday season with these tender bell-shaped bites from our Test Kitchen home economists. they used cookie cutters and whole chive "hangers" to from the warm and appetizing ornaments, which get a slight kick from red pepper flakes.
- 3-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 whole chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced chives and pepper flakes. Stir in cream just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter. using a 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut a hole near top of each biscuit.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Thread one whole chive through each biscuit hole; tie a knot. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 218 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Chive Biscuit Ornaments
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC