Chive Biscuit Ornaments Recipe
Ring in the holiday season with these tender bell-shaped bites from our Test Kitchen home economists. they used cookie cutters and whole chive "hangers" to from the warm and appetizing ornaments, which get a slight kick from red pepper flakes.
- 3-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 whole chives
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced chives and pepper flakes. Stir in cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter. using a 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut a hole near top of each biscuit.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Thread one whole chive through each biscuit hole; tie a knot. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chive Biscuit Ornaments in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p12
Reviews for Chive Biscuit Ornaments(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Bread Recipes >