Chive and Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
No Italian supper would be complete without bread. With two types of cheese, garlic and minced chives, these tasty twists go above and beyond. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, combine butter, chives and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Fold dough in half; seal edges. Cut into sixteen 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times; pinch ends.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
1 breadstick equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC