No Italian supper would be complete without bread. With two types of cheese, garlic and minced chives, these tasty twists go above and beyond. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, combine butter, chives and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Fold dough in half; seal edges. Cut into sixteen 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times; pinch ends.
- Place 2 in. apart in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Originally published as Chive and Cheese Breadsticks in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p79
Reviews for Chive and Cheese Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review