- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, combine butter, chives and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Fold dough in half; seal edges. Cut into sixteen 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times; pinch ends.
- Place 2 in. apart in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Reviews for Chive and Cheese Breadsticks
Sort By :
"This recipe tasted good, but the mess and time it took to make them wasn't worth it to me. On the upside, it gives me some ideas to dress up canned breadsticks!"
"These were wonderful! I made them for a party and they were a big hit."
"When I was making these, they made a mess everywhere and I decided I would never try them again; but then I tasted them after they were done cooking, and they were SO GOOD! They make a mess when you cut them apart and twist them, but they are definitely worth it! (I sprinkled all the cheese that fell out of the filling on top before baking.) Use a long, sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut them apart (works much better than my first attempt with a paring knife)."