Chive 'n' Garlic Corn
Our Test Kitchen created this fresh tasting corn side dish as a great way to dress up frozen corn.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute corn and onion in butter for 5-7 minutes or
- until tender. Stir in the chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.