- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over biscuits. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 biscuits.
Originally published as Chive & Lemon Biscuits in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p28
Reviews for Chive & Lemon Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Scone Recipes >
- Scones >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >