Chive & Lemon Biscuits
These tender, browned biscuits have a subtle lemon and chive flavor that delightfully complements Very Veggie Soup.
—Jim Gales, Glendale, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream
- just until moistened. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Turn onto a
- lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk
- egg and water; brush over biscuits. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 222 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium,