Chive & Lemon Biscuits Recipe
These tender, browned biscuits have a subtle lemon and chive flavor that delightfully complements Very Veggie Soup. —Jim Gales, Glendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over biscuits. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 222 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC