Shauna Stephens of San Diego, California knows how to make a cookie lover's dream come true! Chock-full of pecans, walnuts and three types of chips, these crisp treats will be such a hit with your family, they might not make it to the bake sale.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups each semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and vanilla or white chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Combine chips and nuts; stir into dough. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Chips Galore Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p54
Reviews for Chips Galore Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review