Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies
“Hey, these are good!” is the surprised remark Ian Badeer often hears when he cooks or bakes for his family.
“As simple as it may seem, all I do is follow directions,” says Ian, 18, of Hickman, Nebraska. “This works exceptionally well when it comes to making cookies.”
He has learned to modify recipes, too, which is what he did to create his chewy Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies.
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Nestle swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 308 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium,