Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies
"Hey, these are good!" is the surprised remark I hear when I bake these for the family. As simple as it may seem, all I do is follow directions. This works exceptionally well when it comes to making cookies. —Ian Badeer, Hickman, Nebraska
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Nestle swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 308 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium,