I heard this recipe on television talk show years ago and it is one of my favorite recipes now.—Julie D. Winn, Salem, Ohio
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 egg
- In a very large bowl, combine the flour, sugars and oats. Add the cereal, chips and pecans; stir until thoroughly combined. Place 2-3/4 cups each in five small resealable plastic bags. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Yield: 5 batches.
- To prepare cookies: In a small bowl, beat shortening and egg until blended. Add 2-3/4 cups cookie mix and mix well. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies per batch.
Originally published as Chippy Cookie Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p65
Reviews for Chippy Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review