I love baking and am crazy about cinnamon rolls, but they take a lot of time to put together. I made this recipe to satisfy the craving!—Camilla Saulsbury, Nacogdoches, Texas
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons spreadable cream cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans and toffee bits.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Separate wedges and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm. Yield: 6 scones.
Originally published as Chippy Cinnamon Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p177
Reviews for Chippy Cinnamon Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review