- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons spreadable cream cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans and toffee bits.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Separate wedges and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm. Yield: 6 scones.
Reviews for Chippy Cinnamon Scones
Sort By :
"I made these substituting gluten-free flour which changes the consistency slightly but they were still very delicious! The only thing I would change the next time I make them is to thicken up the icing drizzle. It was a bit watery so it didn't stay on the scones very well."
"Delicious! I had to use a little more cream than called for to make the dough stick together, but they were very tasty."
"I kept looking for some butter in the ingredient list! I thought the mix was quite dry and ended up adding more cream so it would hold together. My husband and I both liked the taste of the scones, but I thought they were also a bit dry. As another reviewer mentioned, the next time I will cut them into eight pieces rather than six as they are quite large. I might try adding a little butter next time."
"I agree with Franwinba 100%. Seriously--how often are you going to eat them? Everything in moderation. I love scones, and these are tasty. The only change I made was to use a vanilla glaze instead of cream cheese--just personal preference. Try these!"
"This was the first time I made Scones. Iliked how easy they were to make. I willmake them again. The flavors blend together so well."