"I make these anytime I have to take cookies to a potluck supper or other event," writes Elaine Fortner of Princeton, Indiana. "We have plenty to take along...plus enough to fill the cookie jar, too. They're also good using white cake mix, but chocolate is my favorite."
- 2 packages chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mixes, eggs and oil. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until set and tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chippy Chocolate Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p51
Reviews for Chippy Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review