Chippy Chocolate Cookie Mix
I've had this simple recipe for a long time and got the idea of layering the mix after seeing similar gift mixes in stores. I have yet to meet the person who doesn't rave over the cookies. I sometimes use M&M's in place of the peanut butter chips. —Francine Wingate, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer half of the cake mix, peanut butter
- chips and remaining cake mix. Cover and store in a cool dry place up
- to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil and
- eggs. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or tops are
- cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 415 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.