Chippy Blond Brownies
If you love chocolate and butterscotch, you won't be able to resist these chewy brownies. I often include this recipe inside a baking dish as a wedding present. Everyone, young and old, enjoys these sweet treats.
-Anna Jean Allen
West Liberty, Kentucky
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.