- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chippy Blond Brownies
"These were really yummy. I agreed that they should be put in a smaller pan, so I used my 8x8 and had to adjust the temp a couple times, so I'll continue to play around with that next time. I omitted the nuts because I'm generally the only person that likes them; I used the semisweet chips in the recipe, then sprinkled a couple tablespoons of dark chocolate chips on top. They were a big hit!"
"Yummy recipe, fast and easy. Will make again."
"This is a great recipe! I have made it for years from my son's preschool brownie cookbook. If you cook the butter and sugar to almost candy consistency, using a wooden spoon, then pour into bowl, add 1tbsp. of vanilla. Add baking powder, and 1 tsp. salt, add flour first to coat chocolate chips, then add 1 pkg. of chocolate chips, and top with 2 cups whole pecans in a sprayed 13x9 pan. Bake 350' for 23-25 minutes. Do not overbake.They will be abit soft, but go better with milk this way. The chips will melt abit, making them better than chocolate chip cookies, and twice as fast to make. Great for road trips, Thanks for sharing!"
"LOVE ... love these!! We call them Choc. Chip Pan Cookies. Quicker than dropping 2 doz.: )) I double the recipe and use a 9x 13 pan. 375* 20 min."
"This recipe was AWFUL! After 40 minutes of baking the crust was practically burnt and the middle was completely raw! I would give this zero stars but unfortunately that's not possible. I would not recommend this and would never use this recipe again!"