- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef
- 4 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 35 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in beef; cook on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve on toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chipped Beef on Toast
"I didn't even notice this was a microwave recipe, so I made it on the stove. I too usually find this to be too salty, so I just soaked the beef in water for a minute and squeezed excess water out before chopping and putting in gravy. Came out perfect :)"
"I only gave this a "Good" because it was terribly salty. I'm sure it was the brand of dried beef. Otherwise it was what I remember Ma making, except she always put peas in it. I will make this again and try to find a reduce sodium dried beef."
"I haven't made this for years and today my hubby suggested it. He had always liked this. I add a little worcestershire sauce for flavor. Great on a cold day."
"I remember when my grandma made this for me as a kid and I loved it!! I have been searching for this recipe for awhile and was so excited to find it on here!! It is just like a blast from the past!CBarnes"