Jane Fry of Lancaster, Pennsylvania shares this fast-to-fix dish that makes a hearty breakfast or light lunch. A creamy sauce prepared in the microwave coats convenient packaged dried beef and is served over toast.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef
- 4 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 35 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in beef; cook on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve on toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipped Beef on Toast in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p11
Reviews for Chipped Beef on Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review