- 1 can (7 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Drain chipotle peppers; set aside 2 tablespoons adobo sauce. Seed and chop three peppers; set aside. (Save remaining peppers and sauce for another use.)
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, carrots, green pepper, onion, garlic and reserved peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, chili powder, cumin and reserved adobo sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the beans. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chipotle Turkey Chili
Sort By :
Received rave reviews at a holiday get-together for this wonderful dish.
Great flavor but a little soupy so I added 2 tablespoons of tomato paste to thicken it up a bit.
While this was spicy, I didn't think it was anything special. The turkey didn't add any flavor and I thought the choice of garbanzo beans was odd. Just my opinion ...
We loved this recipe! We added some shredded cheddar cheese to our bowl and it was even better. This chili is even better the 2nd day.
I made this recipe last night...and it is sooo delicious! My husband said it's even better the next day. I passed it on to my son, the cook, and reminded him to wear those gloves for the chipotles!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Chili Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >