Chipotle-Teriyaki Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. For sauce, combine the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside. Combine the ancho pepper, oil, salt, oregano, pepper and cumin; gently rub over both sides of pork chops.
- 2. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Sprinkle with queso fresco; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,285 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Chipotle-Teriyaki Pork Chops
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.