Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
Tired of the same old sweet potato recipe? Try this spicy-sweet side. It's a great way to add this nutritious veggie to your diet any time of year. —Kim Jones, Mount Juliet, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Place sweet potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and
- pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Cool slightly; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining vinaigrette with the cilantro, honey
- and peppers. Pour over potatoes and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.