Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk remaining vinaigrette with the cilantro, honey and peppers. Pour over potatoes and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 168 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
"These were very good. I made sure to cut them small so they cooked quicker. Only roasted 5 minutes longer than called for. Will make again."
"I love sweet potatoes and am happy I tried this recipe! I did need to bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes until they were tender (ovens do vary) and I used two fresh jalapeño peppers from my garden instead of the chipotle peppers, as well as fresh cilantro from my garden. It turned out great and was enjoyed by all at my BBQ!"
"sweet potatoes never fully cooked and the sauce was bitter"
"I made this for my husband and he said the cilantro was overpowering."
"Terrific! Next time I'm going to use only one chipotle pepper - they were very spicy!"
"I've made this twice--the second time I didn't have cilantro, but it was great both times."
"We love this recipe. I have made it several times since."
"These were really good, a nice change from regualr sweet potatoe casseroles. Will make again!"