Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Tired of the same old sweet potato recipe? Try this spicy-sweet side. It's a great way to add this nutritious veggie to your diet any time of year. —Kim Jones, Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk remaining vinaigrette with the cilantro, honey and peppers. Pour over potatoes and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC