Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Place sweet potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining vinaigrette with the cilantro, honey and peppers. Pour over potatoes and gently stir to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chipotle Sweet Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
sweet potatoes never fully cooked and the sauce was bitter
I made this for my husband and he said the cilantro was overpowering.
Terrific! Next time I'm going to use only one chipotle pepper - they were very spicy!
I've made this twice--the second time I didn't have cilantro, but it was great both times.
We love this recipe. I have made it several times since.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >