- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, lemon-pepper and chipotle pepper; spread over fillets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Sprinkle with dill. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chipotle-Sparked Mustard Salmon
"Not my favorite salmon preparation, but I'd probably make it again"
"This was very good and EASY!! Will definitely make again"
"Can the chipotle sauce be omitted? My husband doesn't like very spicy stuff. it aggravates his acid reflux."
"The flavors were yummy. Nice to try once."
"We really liked this sauce for a change. I actually used more dill but that is probably just a taste preference. I am going to try it on baked chicken. That was a great idea and I have all of the ingredients and don't always use them up."
"I used the creamy sauce on thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts. Delicious!"
"Very light, a flavorful. It was a change of how I usually prepare salmon. Family loved it. Served it with cheesy pasta & broccoli."
"So easy and tasty. May try it with less mayo next time, but will definitely make it again. My boyfriend LOVED it. Also, the dill's probably not necessary if you don't have it on hand and don't want to spend the extra money."
"This even overpowered the taste of the salmon. The rest of the family's comments ranged from, "This would be fine without the sauce" to "It isn't completely disgusting"."
"We found this to be easy and very tasty."