Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Danielle Williams of Westville, Oklahoma submitted the recipe for this smoky, buttery sweet potato mash. The chipotle pairs nicely with the spuds, and the creamy texture is delightful.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to the pan. Add milk, butter, chipotle pepper, salt and pepper; coarsely mash. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p26
Reviews for Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >