- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 teaspoons sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- Shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, peppers with sauce, garlic, brown sugar, bay leaves and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add tomato mixture. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks. Return beef and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. If desired, top with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chipotle Shredded Beef
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious. There was plenty left over to use for quesadillas the next night. I added some diced green chilies to the dish. Great meal for a crowd."
"Very tasty dish. I used one can 14 oz can of diced tomatoes & one can of Rotel, & we ate it on tacos. Since it made so much, we had plenty left to freeze. Looking forward to pulling those out one busy weeknight!"
"This had beautiful flavor. Would definitely make this again."
"Mmmm! So tasty! The slight changes I made were to use garlic powder and smoked paprika because that's what I had. Turned out really good over rice. The next day I had it on a flour tortilla with lettuce - so good! That's how I'll serve it next time."
"This is so easy to prepare and so delicious!"