Your holiday sweet potatoes won't be ho-hum when you serve them this way. The slices of sweet potatoes take on an amazing smokey flavor from the chipotle peppers and the topping of spicy pecans add even more zing.—Donna Thomas, Dallas, Texas
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans, sugar, adobo sauce, cumin and chili powder until pecans are coated. Spread onto foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper. Arrange a third of the sweet potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup cream mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with spiced pecans. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Pecans in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p58
Reviews for Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review