Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Pecans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans, sugar, adobo sauce, cumin and chili powder until pecans are coated. Spread onto foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper. Arrange a third of the sweet potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup cream mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with spiced pecans. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Pecans in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p58
Reviews for Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >