Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers and salt; rub over salmon.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 salmon fillet with 1/2 cup salsa equals 368 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.