“I’ve made this recipe several times for family dinners and have always received compliments. Even the kids like this sweet berry salsa with the spicy, savory salmon.” —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers and salt; rub over salmon.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chipotle Salmon with Strawberry Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review