Go ahead, rub it in! Coating traditional tenderloin with lively, peppery flavors gives it a south-of-the-border twist. Your family or dinner guests will be impressed. —Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brush beef with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; rub over meat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin in Country Woman April/May 2008, p31
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chipotle-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review