Chipotle Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper and salt; spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle bottom half with blue cheese. Layer with roast beef, onion, tomato and lettuce; replace top. Cut into four sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 727 calories, 40 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,487 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.