Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process sauce until smooth. Serve warm. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 51 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce
"Excited to have new uses for rhubarb, this one was great for our spice loving friends! Not only did they take the leftovers home but they have requested more!"