Folks are surprised to hear that rhubarb is this barbecue sauce's secret. Chipotle peppers add a little kick.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process sauce until smooth. Serve warm. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p203
Reviews for Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review