- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process sauce until smooth. Serve warm. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p203
Reviews for Chipotle Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
Excited to have new uses for rhubarb, this one was great for our spice loving friends! Not only did they take the leftovers home but they have requested more!