Chipotle Pomegranate Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 half-pint jar Pomegranate Jelly or 1 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine jelly and peppers. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker; discard cooking liquid. Shred pork with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; top with jelly mixture. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat onto each roll. Yield: 10 servings.
1 sandwich equals 616 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.