I was making pulled pork and wanted to kick it up a bit. Pomegranate jelly was the perfect addition to this tender entree. —Tatiana Kushnir, Montara, California
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 half-pint jar Pomegranate Jelly or 1 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and peppers. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker; discard cooking liquid. Shred pork with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; top with jelly mixture. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat onto each roll. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Pomegranate Pulled Pork in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Chipotle Pomegranate Pulled Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review