Chipotle Pepper Potato Salad Recipe
The next time you make potato salad, think outside of the picnic basket with this crunchy, munchy variation. There’s just a touch of chipotle kick.—Jennifer Walker, Denver, Colorado
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly mash 1-1/2 cups potatoes. Add the onions, corn, sweet peppers, eggs, cilantro and remaining potatoes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, garlic, lime peel, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 327 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chipotle Pepper Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC