Chipotle Peach Pie Recipe
This daring recipe takes peach pie to a new level. You might be surprised at the combination of ingredients, but don't judge it until you taste it.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup/juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, stir cornstarch and peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches and chipotle peppers. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk the topping ingredients. Serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Peach Pie in Fresh Home
Reviews for Chipotle Peach Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Dessert Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Peach Pie Recipes >