- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 1 minute. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place peas in a food processor; add the cheese, bacon, sour cream, oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle pepper and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Pea Spread
Sort By :
"This was not so great. Something didn't quite go, I don't know if it was the sour cream or the lime. My blender also didn't get it as creamy as I think it needed to be."