"I've always loved to cook. I also love hummus and bacon, but needed to make something green for this contest. It took a few tries to come up with a recipe everyone loves. Hope you do, too!" —Frances "Kay" Bouma, Trail, British Columbia
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 1 minute. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place peas in a food processor; add the cheese, bacon, sour cream, oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle pepper and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Pea Spread in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Pea Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review