Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup for serving.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with orange mixture. Let chops stand for 5 minutes before serving with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 289 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.