Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops
Orange juice concentrate and maple syrup add a one-two punch of sweetness to smokin’ flavors. With a method that’s as easy as “whisk and grill,” you’d be crazy not to fix extras. —Billy Hensley, Temperance, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1/3
- cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with orange
- mixture. Let chops stand for 5 minutes before serving with reserved
- sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 289 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.