Orange juice concentrate and maple syrup add a one-two punch of sweetness to smokin’ flavors. With a method that’s as easy as “whisk and grill,” you’d be crazy not to fix extras. —Billy Hensley, Temperance, Michigan
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with orange mixture. Let chops stand for 5 minutes before serving with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review