- brushing each with butter.
- Cut into 36 triangles. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine syrup ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring
- Strain syrup through a fine mesh strainer; discard chilies and
- cinnamon sticks. Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely on a wire
- rack. Cover and let stand several hours or overnight. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 258 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.