Chipotle-Onion Turkey Cutlets Recipe
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce plus 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, divided
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg substitute, water and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pepper and salt. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey in batches over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender; stir in garlic and chipotle pepper. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining adobo sauce. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 291 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.