Chipotle Mustard Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- Chopped honey-roasted peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Heat reserved mustard mixture; brush over pork before serving. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork (calculated without peanuts) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.