Chipotle-Marmalade Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, marmalade, oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper, honey, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Place cooking juices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.