Big on flavor and easy on the cook's time, this slow cooker chicken recipe is appealing. The sweet-hot sauce gets its heat from the chipotle pepper. I serve this dish with a side of rice to use up every delectable drop of the sauce. —Cittie, Tasteofhome.com Community
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, marmalade, oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper, honey, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Place cooking juices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Marmalade Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle-Marmalade Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review