Chipotle-Marmalade Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, marmalade, oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper, honey, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Place cooking juices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle-Marmalade Chicken(11)
Sort By :
Made recipe exactly as written. My family all agreed, it was okay but nothing we'd go out of our way to eat. It did have a nice little kick and you could pick up the taste of the orange, but somehow it still wasn't really flavorful.
Our family really liked this. I will need to find another recipe that calls for the peppers in adobe sauce as the recipe calls for such a small around and it was the most costly item of the ingredients. I cut the chili powder down based on the reviews and ours still had a kick to it.
Ok, kind of bland. Probably wouldn't make it again.
To make this even more diabetic friendly, try using agave instead of the honey. Honey is not good for diabetics.
This was OK; the chicken was over 200 degrees after 3 hours...I should have checked it sooner. I was a little disappointed with the flavor...just wasn't what I was expecting.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >