- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, green peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, soup, milk, chipotle pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro if desired.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chipotle Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"this recipe definitely has some heat."
"There are only two of us, so I halved the recipe. It still made a lot. I'm not worried about it being eaten, it was wonderful! We like spicy food and it had just enought heat without being to much . I will definatly make it again."